When you book Rocketvan for your move or delivery, we want you to be confident in our commitment to the environment. Our staff and management strive to ensure our company’s impact on the environment is minimised as far as possible; some of the ways in which we do this are as follows:
- The vehicles in our fleet are Euro 6 and ULEZ Compliant.
- Our vehicles are maintained regularly to ensure maximum fuel efficiency, and to reduce emissions. Vehicles that do not adhere to local emissions standards/goals are not used.
- Our offices and warehouses are also maintained to ensure our impact on the local environment is minimised. This also helps us reduce water and energy use.
- We have moved many of our booking management, quoting and accounting processes online, which reduces our printing and paper requirements. Our remaining systems will follow suit in the near future, as we work towards becoming a paperless operation.
- We actively encourage our customers to reuse any packing materials required for their move/delivery, and if this is not possible, we suggest recycling or passing them on.
- We work with our suppliers to ensure our environmental goals are aligned. Many of the packaging products we sell are made with recycled materials, and the majority are recyclable.
- Items we receive as disposal (e.g., furniture or appliances) are offered to locals in the community before being disposed of. Items that require eventual disposal of are done so considerately and safely, recycling component materials wherever possible.
- Mixed-waste is properly separated by Rocketvan staff before being taken by our local authority for recycling or as general waste (including paper, card, plastics, and metals)
- We endeavour to raise awareness among our staff of environmental issues.
If you would like any further information, or you think we could make changes to improve our sustainability and impact on the environment, please do not hesitate to get in touch.